Get Attribute: Attribute not supported by the current UiNode in dropdown select (Help)

Guys, I have the following problem:
Create a flow to select the items in the dropdown select but it only selects the first one and then the error “Get Attribute: Attribute not supported by the current UiNode.”

@gustavo.souza

What is the selector ?

and what are you trying to get?

if it is the select item value…then may be in your selector you are using some aaname or innertext which changes for each select

cheers

1 Like

@gustavo.souza

You can directly pass the required value in select item activity. No need to use get attribute avtivity.

1 Like

I need to select each item from the dropdown table one at a time. I need to do this on different users, so the dropdown table items change for each one

@supriya117
I tried to do this but it didn’t work…

If you want to get the list of values in the drop down, try using “items”, instead of aaname. Items will give list of the values which can be looped through.

With this if you modify the aaname or text to match the currentItem while looping, you can choose different values based on the elements being accessed.

@gustavo.souza

You don’t need to use Get attribute activity, by passing the Ui element as input to select item activity.
Pass the currentitem in input element.

I tried to do this but it gave an error referring to string and lists when I went to use select items

If you remember what error was produced could you kindly share the message that it had given :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Unexpected error has occurred during the library compilation process:
The assembly compilation returned the following errors:

• Value of type ‘String’ cannot be converted to ‘List(Of String)’.
  • Value of type ‘String’ cannot be converted to ‘List(Of String)’.
  • Value of type ‘List(Of String)’ cannot be converted to ‘String’.

You can try this method, since i didnt come across any conversion error while running this xaml. A reference xaml is placed below (if required)
Selecting DropDown based on Attribute.xaml (40.8 KB)

Man you helped me a lot, thank you very much, I was suffering for a long time in this RPA

Not a problem at all. Glad I was able to assist you :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.