Forward Email: The provided MailMessage does not reference a known email service

When I try to use forward mail activity , I am getting the following error ,
“Forward Email: The provided MailMessage does not reference a known email service.”
Attacing the sequence and error screenshot below
Sequence_Mail.xaml (9.7 KB)

Hi @Sam_Abraham

As you see in to Recipients you have provided unknown mail service I think that may be issue!

Regards

Thanks for the reply, but I don’t think that’s the case I tried giving both valid outlook and mail id’s in recipients, now for demo purpose only I have given this mail id

1 Like

Hi @Sam_Abraham

Looping @Yoichi @ppr @Palaniyappan @kirankumar.mahanthi1 for Further suggestion on the above query!

Regards

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks @pravin_calvin

@Sam_Abraham

Could you please check what is the target type used in for each to get the mail messages.

Type argument - System.Net.Mail.MailMessage

If you did not provide please change the target argument to the above and try. If you still face issue after this change please let us know. Sorry i have just checked your code. please ignore my message.

1 Like

Hi,

Some how the forward email activity is not working and throwing the same error in my machine.

For the work around we can achieve the same requirement with the Send Outlook Mail Message activity and the forward mail message option. Pls refer the attached updated work flow. Mean while we can explore why this error we are getting. thanks.

Sequence_Mail.xaml (12.7 KB)

1 Like

Hi Kiran,
Thanks for the response , I too tried the same but not sure ,when I use send outlook mail activity Even though I am giving a body(for example: “Forwarded”) and “FW:” in my Subject line it’s not getting reflected in the forwarded mail, that’s why i tried using the Forward mail activity.
Not sure what’s the issue

This is an issue while we use the output from Get Outlook mail activity and then use it’s result in Forward mail activity.

If we are not using the Get Outlook mail activity and only using For Each mail activity to directly loop through mails the Forward mail activity is working, that’s why I am confused.

Attaching that particular workflow for reference
Main.xaml (9.7 KB)

I am not able to figure out the issue @kirankumar.mahanthi1

2 Likes

Hi,

Just now checked your code. I think you did the correct way may be this forward email activity related to the for each mail i guess. Good finding my friend. we should ask UiPath team on the issue we are facing while using get outlook mail messages mail object. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello @Sam_Abraham ,
As a work around try using the Forward Outlook mail message and see if it helps. Attached sample workflow that i tried. Since “FW” not reflecting when Send outlook mail message activity is used, this might help to overcome this issue.

Thanks,
Salini
Main.xaml (8.2 KB)

Hi @salini_gopal ,
I tried to open the sequence shared but I am not able to see it actually, can u tell me which package to be used here

Hello @Sam_Abraham .

. Provided the screenshot of the activity.
It comes under the package Outlook.Mail.Activities as shown below:

Kindly check.

Thanks,
Salini

You are getting this error because of the way you are retrieving these emails. For each email in “Outlook.Folder(“Inbox”)” can fix the issue.
Kindly refer:

3 Likes

Hi @Sam_Abraham,

This error pops up when you try to retrieve email using the ‘Get Outlook Mail Messages’ Activity (Classic Design Experience) and you pass the MailMessage Object you obtained from this activity to the ‘Forward Email’ Activity (Modern Design Experience).

‘Forward Email’ Activity is expecting a MailMessage Object generated by ‘Get Email By Id’ Activity (Modern Design Experience).

Here is one additional step you need to do to achieve the result you are looking for using the same set of activities:

You can then use the EmailMailMessage Variable in the the ‘Forward Email’ Activity.

Hope that helps !

Thanks & Regards,
Nithin

4 Likes