Forum announcement!

Is it me ? Or is there an issue with the “LogIn” and “SignUp” buttons on the forum page?

I tried logging in from a brand new laptop using Chrome, and both these buttons are taking me to the SignUp functionality. I tried logging in by switching between the old and new Light themes, but that does not make any difference.

Can someone please confirm?

thanks!

4 Likes

This is strange :thinking: I’ve just tested it on my end on two different browsers and it works as expected. Could you give it a few more tries, preferably different browsers and networks (mobile phone test, for example)?

3 Likes

Look Great!

5 Likes

Thanks for your feedback, we are planning to improve it a bit :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Should we keep the old new/unread shorcuts? :thinking:

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

4 Likes

@badita
as my perspective , its better to keep because when login its keep as eye contact how many unread.
anyway if you bringing any new feachers for that so then no worries im ok VOTE “NO” then :sunglasses: :crazy_face: :star_struck:

2 Likes

Just to have a complete picture, these on the right will show all unread/new for all categories within the root category:

4 Likes

It is strange indeed! I was able to logged in from the new Edge from this laptop. I will reboot my new machine and try again.

2 Likes

It is a great feature. The site looks so good now.

2 Likes

Looks great :+1:

2 Likes

Hi @loginerror,

The top message bar on Forum (Not sure what to call it?) doesn’t scroll, and I can’t read it. I assume it’s the same words as this topic though.

Edit: The old version of Forum allows scrolling, the new one does not

2 Likes

Indeed, this is intentional. We are planning to add a button “Read more…” to make it more obvious that you should click through to view the full topic in its original form.

For now, you can just click through via the title header :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ah right, that makes sense. Brilliant!

3 Likes

Resolved. I did not do anything except the fact that I closed down Chrome and restarted it.

I’m posting this after having logged in from my work laptop. And I’m sure that the problem existed because I tried about 4x times the other day.

Thanks for your attention to this!
Andy

3 Likes

I have the same issue, it has to do with the Uipath SSO.

• I’m logged on to Orchestrator Cloud using credentials X
  • (I have no forum account for credentials X )
  • I go to forum.uipath.com
  • I click on Log In
  • I get the “Create New Forum Account” pop-up (same as I whould have used “Sign-up”)
  • It shows my credentials X email address and says “Your email has been authenticated by UiPath SSO”
  • From here, there’s no way to sign in using my normal forum account…
  • … unless I sign out at Orchestrator and try again

So the SSO is being pushed/promoted, but maybe a bit too much :wink:

3 Likes

Hey @Whynotrobot

I think the original issue of @AndyMenon was a bit different, and the solution was indeed to refresh the cache of the browser.

As to your query, the Forum will indeed take over the active session from our other websites upon the Login click. This is because all these platforms use the same authentication cookie.

This is quite convenient if you only use 1 account, but becomes a burden if you want to use multiple ones :sweat_smile:

The easiest solution in this case would be to use two separate browser sessions, i.e. via Chrome profiles, or an incognito mode of any browser.

4 Likes

The GUI is awesome

2 Likes

Dark New is simply superb

2 Likes

Hi Everone :slight_smile:
We’ve done another step further before final Forum new design launch.

• Now dark theme is more darker as you asked :japanese_ogre:
  • We are testing wider form of the forum. This makes more content visible at once :newspaper:
  • Little categories re-arrangement/movement (this is still under development so please forgive us for some movements in front of your eyes) :currency_exchange:
  • Some small changes :dizzy:

Of course any feedback apreciated… Actually needed :slight_smile:

5 Likes