Finding Cell Position of a specific value

Hi all,

I have been looking through the entire forum but I am still unable to find the position.

This is what I have done:

I am hoping to find the cell position of “IBG” in my excel file.

Please assist! Thank you.

Avene

Hi @avene,

Refer this post,
Find cell with String Value and get no. of row, name of column - #8 by arivu96

Regards,
Arivu

Hi Arivu!

I have tried looking at the post but i don’t quite understand…
Given that i only have one instance of “IBG” in the entire excel, how can I look for the cell position?

I have tried

1. read range + set it as you mentioned

how can i continue from there?

Read range gives output as datatable. So, please loop through datatable using “for each row” and try to find your value in specific cell as:
ibqposition=row().ToString. (column index can be also kept in loop)

Also, please increment your values for row as <1,2,3…> and column as <A,B,C,D…> within the loop to find the matching cell.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

Hi!

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile: I am trying to do that but i am faced with another problem - cuz my datatable doesn’t have a primary key… would it be possible for me to still find the cell position of a specific value?

Avene

Yes, however you need to decide that if the specific value is found in 3 cells of your table, which one to pick.

The method above follows a 2D matrix search, so, it will be searching for every cell with the value. :slight_smile:

Hi all!

i have been working on a similar assignment but am unable to get the cell position. Please assist.

This is the error I obtain.

Presently what i have done is:

Thanks!!

1 Like