Extract/Unzip files

How to unzip an zipped file and send it to the the destination folder with Extract/Unzip files activity from Uipath.System.Activities package , explain with example.
Note : If you can’t find Extract/Unzip files then just update the package.

1 Like

@Vidhi_Patel - Looks like you already found the right activity to unzip the files. So not sure what exactly you are looking for? Did you face any issue while using that activity?

Also, please show us what you have tried so far?

1 Like

Hi @Vidhi_Patel

For unzip activity there would be an option for destination location in the activity

Or there are is balareva activity for zip/unzip file activity

Hope it helps you

Regards

Nived N :robot:

1 Like

Hi @Vidhi_Patel,

Welcome to UiPath community !
Here is the zip and unzip activity.

Video :slight_smile:

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

Thank you for example sir but i’m using different package Uipath.system.Activities and in my workflow i’m facing error that it couldn’t find zip file .

Thank you for your response sir , let me explain my workflow , so here in sequence , i want to open browser and from the url of github i downloaded a zip folder which contain many zipped file , i’m able to download zip folder from github link using basic activities but then from download directory and need to shift that zip folder to the project directory and extract there. but i’m getting error that my zipped folder is not located.

Hi …@Vidhi_Patel …It would be great if you could you please share the screenshot of that activity and the error?

@Vidhi_Patel - Couple of things…

1. Could you please put a message box/write Line/Log Message to print the values coming from ProjectFileName.
  2. For testing purposes, once the file downloaded take the full path and hardcode it in “File to Extract” to see if that is working…

This is what mine look like…You can see files got unzipped inside the “Extracted” folder as “Wishes” since I choose “Extract to Dedicated Folder”

1 Like

Sir i have used write line activity and try to print ProjectFileName as per workflow but i’m getting these runtime error.

19.10.5+Branch.support-v2019.10.Sha.8292923268055bdeb1e2e6ae1fb667b3ccf4d030

Source: Extract/Unzip Files

Message: Could not find file “4c7383f0-f2b9-424f-99c7-a4537a37fe4b.tmp”.

Exception Type: UiPath.Activities.System.Compression.CompressionException

RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Activities.System.Compression.CompressionException: Could not find file “4c7383f0-f2b9-424f-99c7-a4537a37fe4b.tmp”.
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Here in output i get name of these temporary file .tmp , but again error said that it’s can’t locate same file! Tmp is created during download activity.

@Vidhi_Patel - You see, that’s why you had problem with the zip file…

.tmp will be created along with your original file during the download and once the download is complete .tmp file will be removed.

So you should look for the .zip file downloaded from that folder and move the file to your project directory.

Hope this will solve your issue.

1 Like

So how i can locate my downloded folder as source folder and then send it to project which is destination folder, i’m bit confused! maybe i don’t need assign activity.

@Vidhi_Patel,

Check the attached xaml. you may get some idea. I have not used any external packages.
ZipFilesCheck.xaml (12.1 KB)

@Vidhi_Patel…can you please share your xaml?

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.