Excel: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800AC472

I’m getting this error when opening an excel file in my process. There are a couple of other similar topics but none of the solutions have worked for me. This is the first time the particular excel workbook is opened in this process (using excel application scope).

Earlier in the process, two separate workbooks are opened and their data is collected into a datatable using read range. Both files are closed by the time it comes to open my desitination file. Excel package is up to date.

2 Likes

Hi
Welcome back to uipath community
Kindly try with WORKBOOK ACTIVITIES with READ RANGE ACTIVITY instead of EXCEL APPLICATION SCOPE and try once
That would work for sure
Cheers @dgreen

7 Likes

I have faced this issue some times as well. My observation is this error happens when there are more than one excel application (or processes) running in the background. If there are no other excel books open while opening this excel sheet, before the Excel Application Scope activity, use a Kill Process activity to kill excel.exe processes.

3 Likes

Thank you this helped reduce the occurence of the error. It still occurs sometimes when excel is running in the background - i think this is due to me saving to a drive and the time it takes ti sync the file. See me response below to learn more about kill process for excel.

Ho w do I execute the kill excel command. see attached - is it something different?Kill excel.xaml (3.7 KB)

@dgreen

Use Kill Process activity and mention process name as “excel” to close all opened excel files.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.