Error using xml files

Hello community
I would like you to help me with the following problem.
I have to manipulate an invoice in xml format and I have tried to do it with the deserialize activities but I cannot capture the values found in the tags. It generates this error message "Message Box: Object reference not set to an instance of an object . "

thanks

@cristian_urrego
first check: output variable from deserialize XML is correct used and not null

further checks:
check if namespace are defined within XML which is to handle additional for the retrieval.

• just open the XML and check for any xmlns attributes
  • go to watch /immediate panel while debugging and type in after deserializing xml

YourXDocVar.Root.Name

in case of the name looks like {NamespaceValue}YourRootLocalName then it has Namespaces defined.

Checking Elements more deep in the tree can be done by following:
YourXDocVar.Root.Descendants(YourElementIndexInTheTree).Name

For an initial handling of namespaxe in XML have a look here:

1 Like

@ppr

thanks for your answer according to what I understand you correct me if I am wrong when entering “xDoc.Root.Name”
it gave me the following result

But in the list it does not show me any field appears in 0

I just fixed it, thank you very much for your help, it was great

@cristian_urrego
ensure that nsCase is of datatype XNamespace and under default value the namespace value is entered

Analyse it further with the YourXDocVar.Root.Descendants(YourElementIndexInTheTree).Name trick and enter the index of 1 NomItem

1 Like

Ok if I was reviewing it and I found the bug I will review what you tell me about it and again thanks for your help

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.