Error : Object Reference not set to an instance of an object immediately after clicking on Run/Debug

Below is the error identified:

Error: RemoteException wrapping System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.LocalTriggers.Transforms.ParallelTransform.BuildBookmarkInitializationActivity()
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.LocalTriggers.Transforms.ParallelTransform.Transform(TransformArgs args)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.LocalTriggers.Transforms.StartTransform.GenerateBigParallel(TransformArgs args)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.LocalTriggers.Transforms.StartTransform.d__9.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.LocalTriggers.Services.LocalTriggersTransformServiceProjectEndpoint.d__5.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Server.<>c__DisplayClass7_3.<<-ctor>g__InvokeMethod|6>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Server.<>c__DisplayClass7_1.<<-ctor>g__HandleRequest|3>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Server.<>c__DisplayClass7_2.<<-ctor>b__5>d.MoveNext()
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Helpers.d__9`1.MoveNext(), HResult -2146233088

How to overcome this as I cannot run/debug any xaml in the project.

The logo for Main.xaml also got changed, as you can see below:

Screenshot 2024-02-22 071010

Hi @gowthamashwath.reddy ,

Welcome to Forum,

This error usually occurs when using a variable with no set value (not initialized).

Please chcek in your workflow if any of the variables are not initialized.

Hi gowthamashwath.reddy,
This error usually occurs when an activity that is trying to access an object (string, datatable, etc,) finds the variable to have no value, i.e. null or empty.

Best way I’d suggest to debug this is by going through the following:

1. Check your arguments. Your input arguments should be IN and output arguments should be OUT.
  2. Check assign activities. You might have jumbled up some variables due to similar names or simply as a mistake.
  3. Check data scrapes. A data scrape activity might not have found any data in a page due to improper selectors. Have personally faced this problem a lot.

Use the Debug mode with proper breakpoints and Slow Step to make sure that the values passing among variables and arguments are doing so as necessary. Keep an eye on the variable values pane on the left.

Hope it helps you!

Problem is I can’t even debug the code.
As Soon as i hit on debug/Run button, the error is popping up.
Looks like there is a bug in the latest version in UiPath, I right clicked on INIT State and used “Run from this activity”, its working fine there is no issue.

@Palaniyappan Can you please look into this.

@gowthamashwath.reddy , It could happen you have messed with project.json file. share the screenshot of project.json