Error: 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Worksheet'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{000208D8-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed

activities
p_notaproblem

Facing the following issue, while trying to open an excel file.

Main has thrown an exception

Message: Unable to cast COM object of type ‘System.__ComObject’ to interface type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Worksheet’. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID ‘{000208D8-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}’ failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

Source: Read Range

Exception Type: InvalidCastException

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type ‘System.__ComObject’ to interface type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Worksheet’. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID ‘{000208D8-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}’ failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication.SetSheet(String sheetName, Boolean createNew)
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelInteropActivity`1.BeginExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Please let me know what can be done.

Will you please share when you are getting this error?
and the excel you are reading is containing what type of data ?

Regards…!!

The excel comprises of three worksheets , two of which has peroidical data(mostly with simple SUM formulas) , and one worksheet has only a chart.
Due to some constraints, I will not be able to share the excel sheet.

As soon as I am launching excel through Excel Application Scope, I get this error on my screen.

Hey @nesachdeva

If it is simple two dimensional chart, made out of the statistical data with SUM formulas., then this link will you help on this :slight_smile:

Regards…!!
Aksh

How to read sheet name of an excel file

Thanks! That works… :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

Also, can you suggest me one more thing? I am getting an error message while I am trying to read a cell in an excel sheet using the Read Range activity. I have tried changing the name of the excel sheet(tab) under name manager, but still it is unable to read the sheet. The error message is as follows -
Main has thrown an exception

Source: Read range

Exception Type: ArgumentException

System.ArgumentException: The sheet does not exist
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookFile.SetSheet(String sheetName, Boolean createNew)
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.WorkbookActivity`1.BeginExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Check the sheet name may be it is containg the space with name or just
rename it and let me know

It is working now.
Apparently,we need to take the name of the sheet that appears on the bottom of the excel sheet and not the one which appears under the Name Manager.

Ohh you did not know that . Now you knows :wink:

Yes :slight_smile: