Error inserting datatable into SQL Server DB - Insert should bracket column names with spaces

I am trying to insert a data table into my SQL server DB and am getting these errors,

Insert: Incorrect syntax near ‘ID’.
Incorrect syntax near the keyword ‘with’. If this statement is a common table expression, an xmlnamespaces clause or a change tracking context clause, the previous statement must be terminated with a semicolon.
Incorrect syntax near the keyword ‘with’. If this statement is a common table expression, an xmlnamespaces clause or a change tracking context clause, the previous statement must be terminated with a semicolon.
Incorrect syntax near ‘ID’.

I am connected to this db and can execute queries against it.

please help :slight_smile:

Hi welcome to the community!
What activities are you using for this, do you have some screenshots or details for us?

Could you specify with database you are using (Oracle, sybase,…) Does your user have enough rights to create a table. Can you provide the used SQL statement?

Hey Thanks for the reply i found an answer. The row names that i was trying to insert had some spaces in them, once i changed the db to not have spaces in the row names it worked. Wish the error message would be clearer.

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: Database Insert activity should bracket column names with spaces

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.