Error in Process.xaml file

Hello Everyone ,

I have some how reached the stage Process.xaml in assignment 1 for advanced RPA developer.

When process.xaml file is executed , I get the following error.

Extract%20Client%20information

CSystem1_ExtractClientInformation.xaml (11.1 KB)
ould some one check my extract client information file

Hi kavsanu,

You can easily extract the client information by using split method.
string.split({“Delimiter1”,“Delimiter2”},StringSplitOptions)

Let the result of the get text activity be ‘text’ (Client information block)

Assign client_id =text.Split({"ID:","Client Name:"},StringSplitOptions.None)(1).Trim

Here, our delimiters are “ID:” &“Client Name:”. So the text block is divided into 3 parts. String before"ID:", String in between “ID:” & “Client Name:”, string after Client Name. That is {0,1,2}. We need the 1st string in the array, that’s why we specified as (1).

Likewise assign,

client_name=text.Split({"Name:","Client Country:"},StringSplitOptions.None)(1).Trim
client_country=text.Split({"Country:"},StringSplitOptions.None)(1).Trim

For your reference, Please have a look at the workflow.Extract_Client_Info.xaml (7.6 KB)

For more details about split method, check this. String.Split Method (System) | Microsoft Learn

Warm regards,
Nimin

Hello Nimin ,

Thank you for your detailed explanation .

I tried using the expression and I get the below error .

‘text’ is ambigious, imported from the namespaces or types ‘System.Drawing,system’.

Any suggestion ??

1 Like

Hi kavsanu,

You can replace ‘text’ with your variable that stores your client block, got from get text activity. For easily understanding I just interpret as ‘text’. :grinning:

Best Regards,
Nimin

Lol … I thought it is the syntax :wink:

Let me try that

Hello Nimin,

I have a doubt here . Do we have to go to one of the WI5 type and extract client information or the first work item

Hi Kavsanu,

Yes. You have to go ACME System 1 - Log In , then get the client details for each workitem.

Regards,
Nimin

1 Like