Error - Find CV Element - Response from server is not valid. [400]

Computer%20Vision%20Error%202

I have not seen this error before. Similar to my other post, is this UiPath servers? How to avoid this error?

19.6.0+Branch.master.Sha.adf20656f41da84cdec5e5620b62276717eb7319

Source: Find CV Element - Image

Exception Type: System.ArgumentException

RemoteException wrapping System.ArgumentException: Response from server is not valid. [400]
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at UiPath.CV.Activities.CVScope.OnFault(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Hi @chaz.jenkins,
Which OCR engine do you use?

MicrosoftOCR.

Please check if nothing is blocking your network connection (Firewall, proxy).

Is there a particular port I should check?

Got the error again. I think it’s a timeout issue. Workflow is iterating through records and it takes time. I’ll cut down on the amount of records to see if this helps.

19.6.0+Branch.master.Sha.adf20656f41da84cdec5e5620b62276717eb7319

Source: Find CV Element - Icon

Exception Type: System.ArgumentException

RemoteException wrapping System.ArgumentException: Response from server is not valid. [400]
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at UiPath.CV.Activities.CVScope.OnFault(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)

1 Like

Hello Guys,
I’m having a error “message”: “CV : Response from server is not valid.”,
The fact is that the connection is good.

My robot is looping same task depending on an excel file having data (loop).
It works fine for lets say half of the loop data and then it stop saying the error above.
I’ve done a continuous ping to cv.uipath.com together to see if there is a time out while the process was running but no time out found.

How can this error be solved?

How long is your workflow? In my experience it’s due to a timeout so anything over 2-3 hours got a Response from server is not valid error. Do you get an error if you work with less data and your workflow is 30 minutes-1 hour?

1 Like

Hello, My workflow is about 3-4 hours, but I always got a time out about 1-2hours.

How about 30 minutes? I think the issue is based on the connection to server. So try to limit the amount of data to test maximum connectivity time until we receive additional guidance from UiPath on this.

1 Like

Hello @chaz.jenkins,
All my test never failed below one hour.

It is an issue that all user using CV is having?
I cannot reduce my amount of data unfortunately, I there a way to handle this issue? a try catch? or increase the timeout of response?

I really need a solution or alternative for this.

Thanks,
VIncent

That must be the threshold. I think if the workflow is under an hour and works then the connection to UiPath CV server times out after 1 hour. In my case, we had to redevelop the automation using selectors in the environment and could not use citrix.

We have long running tests but we didn’t notice this issue, thx for reporting.

Could you pls post versions for all activity packages, studio, and windows?

Also, are you on enterprise accounts or community?

Logs would also help, from %localappdata%\UiPath\ComputerVisionLogs and %localappdata%\UiPath\Logs. Some that contain the error.

And if you can replicate it, can you give us the exact time and date when it happens? It should be in the output pane and logs.

Hello,
Im using Community edition for now.
This project is a POC.

Version used 19.9 studio
Computer Vision activites 2.0.1
Excel activities 2.6.2
Mail activities 1.5.0
System activities 19.6.0
UIautomation activities 19.6.0

The execution log is 1.3 GB
Studio log 300MB
How can I send you these?

I do not find any %localappdata%\UiPath\ComputerVisionLogs folder

The error occur randomly at any time any dates as from more that 2 hours of process run.

I will run the process Now and will report you the error log - time etc.

Cheers,
Vincent

I suggest you delete those logs (or move them somewhere safe if you need them), and run the process until it fails. This way they’ll be smaller.

Also, I strongly suggest to upgrade to latest stable version (2.1)

1 Like

Hello While I try to update package CV to 2.1 I got this error on the project.(see below)
But when I rollback to old version 2.0.1 is works fine. Please advice how to perform the upgrade without causing my project to crash?
Capture
Capture

Hello,
I have this error…
But the continuous ping test confirm that there have not internet issue

Hello Cosin,
Any news?
Please find below the latest run of Project with Computer Vision with error:

Cheers,
Vincent