Error calculating difference between dates?

Hello,

I am having an issue when calculating the time between two different dates. Please see the file below:Datetime.zip (10.2 KB)

This issue happens when setting one of the times to be later than noon. ie: 13:00:00

Thanks,

Hi,

You should use “HH:mm:ss” instead of “hh:mm:ss” because “hh” means the hour, using a 12-hour clock.

Regards,

Yoichi

This looks perfect and gives out the output we need in total hours
may i know what is the requirement
Cheers @rileythiessen

Just to note on @yoichi’s point, the formatting should not matter when taking a difference between dates because you should be taking the difference of two DateTimes rather than strings. The formatting just affects the string output.

@rileythiessen so you need to convert the two dates to DateTimes. Then, you just do date1-date2 which will return a timespan if I remember correctly. Do some searches on how to do that. I think you will need to use DateTime.Parse() or ParseExact. Also, Convert.ToDateTime() or CDate() work well if your datesstrings are in MM/dd formats rather than dd/MM. Make sure to also check that the string is a date before conversion as well with DateTime.TryParse() or IsDate()

Regards.

Thank you very much for the speedy reply! That was it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank for the reply, the issue I was having was resolved by Yoichi :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.