Download Storage File activity Throwing exception

Hi team,
I’m exploring on the uipath storage activity option, Successfully I’m able to upload file to my orchestrator storage bucket. however when I try to download the file from storage bucket using download storage file activity, getting the below exception.
20.10.2+Branch.master.Sha.cf481ddc1ae94ab83e743f85d96fbfeca8fc705c

Source: Download Storage File

Exception Type: System.UnauthorizedAccessException

RemoteException wrapping System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘G:\Files’ is denied.
at UiPath.Core.Activities.TaskExtensions.ThrowIfNeeded(Task task, Boolean suppresThrowException)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.Orchestrator.BaseOrchestratorClientActivity.ThrowIfNeeded(AsyncCodeActivityContext ctx, Task task, Boolean suppresThrowException)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.Orchestrator.BaseOrchestratorClientActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Studio Version:2020.10.2

Hi @santhoshsaravanan91!

Looks like the machine running the robot doesn’t have access to the folder that you are trying to send the files from Orchestrator.

Check manually in the machine if you can access this network path: ‘G:\Files’, if you cannot, speak with the network or infrastruture team responsible for the machine to clear access.

If you can, check that maybe you need to pass the full server directory of the folder, so instead of

G:\Files

you need to pass:

\\servername\Files

Check these documentation below to see if it also helps you:

Hope it helps,
Best Regards

1 Like

Hi @santhoshsaravanan91 ,

• For Destination property, you should also specify the desired file name, not just the folder (“Data\MyFile.xlsx”)
  • For Path, you should use the file name from your Storage Bucket you want to access (“MyFile.xlsx”)
  • For Storage Bucket Name, use the name of the storage bucket
2 Likes

First use the activity “List Storage Files” to get all the items in the bucket
More info about the fields here: https://docs.uipath.com/activities/docs/list-storage-files

Then use the activity “Download Storage File” inside the for each
More info about the fields here: https://docs.uipath.com/activities/docs/download-storage-file

1 Like