Do we need a FTP software installed before we use ftp activities in UiPath?

Hi, new to UiPath and having issues with downloading files from an ftp server. Apparently connection is being established but downloading the file is failing. Below is the error message.

1. Any of you seen this before and if yes, what is the solution?
  2. We don’t have an ftp software like WinSCP or Filezilla installed on our server. Do we need one installed before we even use the ftp activities? My understanding is that the software is not needed since UiPath has these ftp activities. And I could be wrong. Appreciate any insight into the issue.

Server stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalEndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at FluentFTP.FtpSocketStream.Connect(String host, Int32 port, FtpIpVersion ipVersions) at FluentFTP.FtpClient.Connect(FtpSocketStream stream, String host, Int32 port, FtpIpVersion ipVersions) at FluentFTP.FtpClient.OpenPassiveDataStream(FtpDataConnectionType type, String command, Int64 restart) at FluentFTP.FtpClient.OpenDataStream(String command, Int64 restart) at FluentFTP.FtpClient.GetListing(String path, FtpListOption options) at FluentFTP.FtpClient.GetObjectInfo(String path, Boolean dateModified) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object args, Object server, Object& outArgs) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink) Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

You don’t need a FTP client installed.

The error isn’t very helpful. Show us your code, post screenshots of your activities and how you have the properties configured.

Hi, thanks for responding. I uploaded a screenshot. Please check it out and let me know. Does the error message point to any firewall issue? We run this code from studio on our laptop and it runs fine but not from the orchestrator.

Jobs don’t run in Orchestrator. Orchestrator triggers the jobs to run on other servers, so it’s that server you’d have to allow FTP access (or the robot user).

I noticed you have FTPS mode set to Explicit TLS_1_2 - are you sure that’s correct? Is there an “auto” option? Maybe your server doesn’t support TSL 1.2