Deserialize json file and unable to detect if value is null

I’m using the deserialize JSON activity and from there I obtain variables, the problem is that sometimes certain variable might be null. And it’s not detecting if its null. I have used IsNullOrEmpty and IsNullOrWhiteSpace and still, it is unable to detect whether the value is null or not. I get the following error.
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value

Any help is highly appreciated, thanks!

Hi @Daniela_Valdez_Luis ,

We may need more details of the implementation as it is confusing whether you have already assigned values from Json to String variables or using the Json Object itself for this. Screenshots of the implementation would reduce future confusions.

However, below is the expression we use commonly for detection of Empty or whitespaces in a String, if you could confirm the same.

String.IsNullOrWhiteSpace(strVar)

Thanks.
Basically what the bot does is that it assigns values to a variable, the value cannot be added to the variable if the value is null. Therefore, I’m doing an if sequence before that assign activity to determine if the variable should be filled or not. In both activities (if and assign), I get the

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value

Can a null value be assigned to a variable?

@Daniela_Valdez_Luis ,

Could you check with the below Expression, assuming or considering you’re dealing with objects :

yourValueObjectToCompare is Nothing

Let us know if it does not work

Hi!

Checked that solution

And I still get the same value cannot be null error

@Daniela_Valdez_Luis ,

Could you Check in the immediate Panel while in Debug, if the value contains the data that you want to compare/use ? Also Check the below usage and structure of Json, Check if it applies to your case

it is more about
isNothing(item(“TAC”))

when there is no value then we also cannot execute any method on this
grafik

so then we access the JValue
grafik
grafik

do see how the empty string is doing:
grafik
And Access needs:
grafik
grafik