Datetime

Team,

I am using “dd/MM/yyyy”,System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture. This result has been assigned to a DateTime Variable. EX: Output for the above is like 08/06/2019

I wanted the output to be 08062019. I wanted to remove “/”.
If i remove the “/” its displaying as - String was not recognized as a valid date time. Help needed.

2 Likes

Good morning Robotics,

Give this a shot:

DateTime.Now.ToString(“ddMMyyyy”,System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture)

1 Like

@Robotics - It looks like you’re talking about DateTime.ParseExact in the top portion, is that true? If so, then you need to make sure the “dd/MM/yyyy” is matching the string that you receive . Then, once you have your own datetime, when you want to output that as a string, you change it to the format you want in your output. So you’d say MyDate.ToString(“ddMMyyyy”)

1 Like

Great point Dave.

If the string is already in that format Robotics, you may also be able to use the replace function to just clear out the slashes.

MyVariable.Replace("/","")

you were almost done
datetimeoutput = Datetime.ParseExact(in_date,“dd/MM/yyyy”,System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture)

now datetimeoutput is a datetime variable with output as 08/06/2019 00:00:00

if we want in this format 08062019 we need to convert it to a string just a small additon to your expression

Stringeoutput = Datetime.ParseExact(in_date,“dd/MM/yyyy”,System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture).ToString(ddMMyyyy)

now the output will be of type string like this “08062019”

simple isnt it
Cheers @Robotics

@ chenderson thanks for your simple solution

1 Like

Sir, I hope get some enlightenment from you because I am trying to convert a string (ddMMyyyy) to a datetime but failed.

The string split from a file name (eg: Sp_12112019.eml) I managed to assign the “12112019” portion into a separate string called str_date, then when I tried to convert it into a dateTime format, I cannot find a way out.

Victor

@Victor_Victory - A few issues here:

1. your error suggests you are trying to convert a variable called string2 into a datetime. You said the separate date string is called str_date so you should double check that you are converting the correct variable.

2. The date “12112019” (assuming November 12, 2019 correct me if I am wrong) is in the format “ddMMyyyy” so make sure that is the format you specify in your datetime.ParseExact activity.

If that doesn’t solve the issue, please use a write line activity immediately before the error occurs to display the string and verify it is indeed “12112019” like you are expecting.

Fine
If possible can I have a view on the expression you have used for conversion
Cheers @Victor_Victory