Dataservice units explanation

Hi @rikulsilva

I will try my best, but please do make sure to verify my responses. Also, a discussion with a UiPath licensed Professional is highly recommended.

This may need clarification . For example if you check out the UiPath Flex licensing for Attended Named User, you are granted a minimum # of named user licenses, but only 1 DSU is allocated. Therefore if all named users are on a single tenant my understanding is that they are limited to one DSU.

Obviously this might also mean that if your named users are being allocated to two different tenants on the same Automation Cloud instance, then 1 DSU won’t be sufficient because when you enable Data Service on a tenant you must assign at least 1 DSU to that tenant.

But if you look at the Flex Unattended license, one Unattended license is granted one 1 DSU.

If you check your user settings you have the ability to assign an Unattended robot to it. But the question is do you have enough runtime licences from which you can assign a runtime to this user?

Each unattended license allows a robot exe program on the host machine to run an unattended automation. If 6 runtimes are assigned to that machine then it has the capacity to run 6 unattended automations at the same time on that machine.

But again the number of runtimes cannot be more than the number assigned to that tenant. Basically, a runtime license is consumed when a machine is connected to the tenant. That means other machines have 1 less runtime that they can use. Once the machine disconnects from the tenant, that runtime license is returned back to the license bucket of that tenant.

A real world example is the number of treadmills in a gym. If there are only 2 treadmills and 3 users, one has to wait while 2 of them can use both tread mills at the same time.

Thanks

1 Like