Regarding Intelligent OCR GDPR/ security perspective:
- if is being used Digitize Document with OmniPage OCR, for getting text out of files, nothing leaves the robot machine.
- if is being used data extraction with the FleciCapture Extractor, again, nothing leaves robot machine.
- the only things moving document outside the robot are cloud OCR engines and the machine learning extractor.
- if using any Cloud OCR engine, the engines corresponding terms apply as per below topic “What happens to data”
“What happens to data”
The short version: the analysis is done on UiPath cloud or on client’s on-prem servers. UiPath only stores data from internally used server, that has been actually seen and indicated by a user. No runtime/robot data is stored.
- On prem / private cloud
- open networks – no data leaves the company premises, except the submitted issues, performed by the user in order to fix a client specific problem.
- closed networks – no data leaves the company premises
- On UiPath cloud
- screenshots of the automated interfaces are processed on UiPath cloud servers, hosted in azure.
- additionally, design-time only (Studio) screenshots* may be stored (for up to 5 years), in order to improve the model. Production (robot) data is never stored.
- UiPath receives and stores user-reported issues for the purpose of fixing specific problems.