Data security with OCR

Hi All

I want to know about how OCR provided in Studio works wrt security point of view. Suppose if I am using OCR ‘A’ to read my document , then is my data is going to store at ‘A’ 's server or it is encryted at UiPath end. Please solve my query.

Thanks.

Regarding Intelligent OCR GDPR/ security perspective:

• if is being used Digitize Document with OmniPage OCR, for getting text out of files, nothing leaves the robot machine.
  • if is being used data extraction with the FleciCapture Extractor, again, nothing leaves robot machine.
  • the only things moving document outside the robot are cloud OCR engines and the machine learning extractor.
  • if using any Cloud OCR engine, the engines corresponding terms apply as per below topic “What happens to data”

“What happens to data”
The short version: the analysis is done on UiPath cloud or on client’s on-prem servers. UiPath only stores data from internally used server, that has been actually seen and indicated by a user. No runtime/robot data is stored.
Detailed version:

• On prem / private cloud
  • open networks – no data leaves the company premises, except the submitted issues, performed by the user in order to fix a client specific problem.
  • closed networks – no data leaves the company premises
  • On UiPath cloud
  • screenshots of the automated interfaces are processed on UiPath cloud servers, hosted in azure.
  • additionally, design-time only (Studio) screenshots* may be stored (for up to 5 years), in order to improve the model. Production (robot) data is never stored.
  • UiPath receives and stores user-reported issues for the purpose of fixing specific problems.

Thank u for replying. Here the link is not available for’ What happens to data’ Can u pls reshare that link. Also whatif we r using any other OCR such as tesseract/MS/Omnipage. Is data going to save at their server?

There are several issues regarding GDPR here, apart from the ones where no data what so ever never ever leaves the company net. With the upcoming start date for Schrems 2, in its current state, you probably can’t use the cloud version at all.

Hi @Ruby_Agrawal1 , did you get answer to your question. I am also trying to find out if my data is secure while using Tesseract and MS OCR.