Data Driven Test Cases - Updating the test data sets

Hello folks!

This question was asked a little over a year ago and had no replies so I wanted to throw it out there again.

If I have a test case that is data-driven and I’ve published it to Orchestrator…

1. Is there a way to update the test data directly from Orchestrator? Ideally, I don’t want to have to spend a Studio license on every QA team member that may need to update the spreadsheets and then republish.

2. Has anyone found a workable solution / workaround to this? A network location on which the test data could live and then be pulled in fresh for each run? I’m not sure if this would work since I believe the test data is converted from Excel / csv into JSON formatting but I’m always optimistic :

I’d love to hear what people have come up with for this situation as I can’t imagine its an uncommon one for large test environments.

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

dw

1. No, right now there is no way to update the test data without republishing the project.
  2. You are right, the test data is converted from Excel to json.

As far as I know, there are 2 workarounds:

• (recommended) Take a look at Test Data Queues
  • In your test case you can read the data from an excel file (or any other supported format) and iterate it using a While or Foreach activity