Creating multiple processes with same package

Hi there,

I wanted to know if there is a way to create multiple (in our case three) processes using the same package and package version.

We have a process which should run on different schedules, daily, weekly and monthly. Each schedule should be working on a different set of tasks, provided using the Input Values of the process.

In my opinion the easiest way to do this is creating three processes, “Process_Daily”, “Process_Weekly” and “Process_Monthly” with different Input Values as parameters but when I try this I get an error in orchestrator.

Of course I could publish the same code with three different names and thus create three packages but this would be thrice the work and much more error prone in maintenance.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Martin

@Martin_Steidele,

Welcome to UiPath Community!.

Please check this link for similar case

1 Like

What is the error message?

Make sure that Demo_Email is not already deployed on one of the robots from this environment (#1250)

If this is the error, you would need to create the process with another environment having a different robot in the environment than the first one. I imagine it is to protect against version conflicts on the same host.

Make sure that Demo_Email is not already deployed on one of the robots from this environment (#1250)

Yeah thats the message, sorry should have inclouded it right away.

Unfortuantly we have only two unattanded robots at the moment and thus can’t use a differenet one for each process.

I can see the point in preventing different version on the same robot but i only want to use different input parameters with the same version.

But you just gave me the right impulse to reconsider my problem:
I don’t really need several processes. I totally missed the fact that I can specifiy the input parameters not only at the process but also at the schedule. And that is really all I need.

I can create a single process and then creating three different schedules using this process. And for each schedule I can specifiy a different Input Parameter overwriting the one from the process.

1 Like

Indeed, we do this for a few of our processes for Loading, Processing, or run both.

Hi sarathi,

thanks for the input. I don’t really want to create different packages but different processes. Or that’s what I first thought.
What I really needed was one package, one process and different schedules with different input parameteres for each one. Fortunatly that is possible. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.