Create groups of repeated numbers in a excel column

Hi guys,

I have a scenario. Consider I have a excel sheet and in column p there is any number e.g 1,2,3 etc. Number 1 is occurring 5 times (i.e 5 rows have value 1 in excel sheet), number 2 is occurring 3 times like that. Now I have to create group of rows for these numbers. For group no 1 , will have 5 rows . similarly there will be groups for all these numbers.

Any approach or ideas how to do this?

@poojakumari can show what is ur expected result?

Values
in this example I should create Group1 : 5 rows with value as 1, Group 2 : 2 rows value as 2, Group 3 : 1 row with value 6, group 4: 1 row value 8, group 5: 1 row value as 4.

By Group, do you mean different datatables? Or do you mean different Excel sheets? Different Excel workbooks?

@poojakumari Use sort on number column

on left hand side of assign activity On right hand side of assign activity
dt.DefaultView.Sort (“[URCoulmnName] ASC”)

dt is ur datatable variable

Can you please tell me the variable type used?

@sushmithakiran02 I didn’t get your question. Can you explain your question?

Thanks for quick response!

“on left hand side of assign activity On right hand side of assign activity
dt.DefaultView.Sort (”[URCoulmnName] ASC")

This was the solution given by you to create groups of repeated numbers in excel column
my question is in “Assign - Activity” you have provided the right hand side.
for left hand side i.e., variable name - which type of variable to be used
which variable type I should use for "Extract variable " above.

Extract should be a datatable - in this example it is supposed to be the same datatable you have on the right side of the assign activity. So either change the variable name from “Extract” to be “dt”, or change the right side of the assign activity so it is Extract.DefaultView.Sort("[column name] Asc")

NOTE: you may need to append a .ToTable() or .CopyToDataTable() at the end of that assign activity, I cant remember