Could not find the user-interface (UI) element for this action - RD

Hi all,

I am facing this error: “Could not find the user-interface (UI) element for this action”. I am developing a process which runs on a virtual machine. The robot connects with another server by remote desktop and then, it has to open an application (with no admin configuration, so the only way is to double click on the icon application). The problem is that, running the process using Orchestrator, it fails in this click with the error mentioned above. However, when I debug the process in UiPath Studio, it is all OK.

The entire error message is: “Exception message: Could not find the user-interface (UI) element for this action. Possible solutions: • Ensure application is opened and the UI element is visible on the screen at execution time • Edit the Target of the UI activity and use Validation to debug the issue. • If needed, re-indicate the element as its properties might have changed • Use “Check state” activity to check the application state before executing the action • Increase the “Delay before” value to allow time to the application to render entirely and become responsive at source: Abrir_Aplicacion.xaml - Invoke Workflow File: Click ‘SOLIDWORKS’.”

Thanks a lot,
Isabel

Hi @jfernandez1

Are you doing the Ui automation in Remote desktop, it will not work you have to use the Computer vision activities for that.

You will find those activities by searching CV in activities panel.

Hope it helps!!

1 Like

Thanks for your quick response. I have tried it, but I get another error: “Cannot bring the target application in the foreground.”.

@jfernandez1

Check this:

1 Like

Hi @jfernandez1

• Install UiPath Runtime Installer (On VM- On which the bot will run)
  • In UiPath Studio Project Dependencies- UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities must be one of the version from below as you see in Reference Image.

Hope it will helps you :slight_smile:
Cheers!!

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I have just installed the UiPath Runtime Installer and I think that was the issue. However, when I try to indicate the element in the click activity, it appears this error and I can not continue: “the indicated element does not belong to the target application/browser”

@jfernandez1

In your UiPath Studio , Install
Tools>UiPath Extensions>Microsoft Remote Desktop and Apps Extension

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.