Convert Number to Text excel

Hello friends,

@rkelchuri, @Ninett_Panfir, @Rammohan91, @balupad14, @Florent_Salendres, @vvaidya, @Palaniyappan, @ClaytonM, @vvaidya, @lakshman, @Dave,

I need to change the format of cell of one excel

so that they are the same as colonna “Fornitore” in this excel

So save them in text format
I need then to compare the values of the rows in column “Fornitore” between the two excel.
CAn you help me?
CAmi

Fine
hope these steps would help you resolve this
–use excel application scope and pass the file path of first excel as input
–and use READ RANGE activity and get the output with a datatable named dt1
–repeat the same for the second excel and get the output with a variable named dt2 of type datatable
–usually when a excel is read with read range all the columns will be obtaihned as string only
–followed by this use a for each row loop and pass dt1 as input and change the variable name from row to row1
–inside the loop use another for each row loop and pass d2 as input and here change the variable name from row to row2
–now use a IF condition like this
row1(0).tostring.equals(row2(0).tostring)
if this is true it will get into THEN part where we can mention as “Matching” in a writeline activity

Cheers @CamiCat

Hi @CamiCat,

To change cell format . Here is the custom activity called “Change cell type”

Take a look for the custom formats.

Regards
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

Thank you so much @Palaniyappan.
Unfortunately your solution doesn’t work.
Have you got other ideas?
Like codes for formatting cells in Excel with text format? ("@")
Thank you,
Cami

@CamiCat - when you write range into excel, use the workbook write range activity (the one that doesn’t require excel application scope) instead of the excel write range activity. This will ensure that everything is pasted in as text which will match the 2nd excel screenshot

https://forum.uipath.com/t/excel-from-generic-format-to-number-format/25905

Hope this will helps

Regards,
A Manohar