Convert MailMessage to Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MailItem

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone can please share how to convert System.Net.Mail.MailMessage to Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MailItem?

The reason for the conversion is that I need to amend the Subject line of existing emails before filing them to another sub-folder in Outlook.

I am already familiar with the Alphabet activity pack (RPA Listings - Collections, Integration Packs | UiPath Marketplace), which works perfectly & is exactly what I need… but unfortunately, our client’s requirement is to use official UiPath activity packages only, so I’m stuck with having to do it the long way.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Regards,
Dan

2 Likes

Hi , The workaround is
Get the mail subject into a string and modify the string with amendments needed
Now use that string as Subject of that mail and save the mail

Hello,

I meet the same issue , someone could help us ?

1. How convert System.Net.Mail.MailMessage to Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MailItem ?

or

1. Do you have a VBS that can extract a list of Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MailItem and save as output argment of invoked workflow.

Best regards

I have the same issue, someone has solved the problem ?

Best regards

Not me serry

Hi Daniel,

I’ve the similar kind of issue. Need to change the subject line for few emails as part of the process run.
By any chance did you any solution for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Susmitha

Any updates on this? In particular, the O365 activities use System.Net.Mail.Attach by default which causes messages too long error.