Condition in Cron Expression Possible?

Hi @vboddu @loginerror,

I read up a little on Uipath Documentation for cron jobs, but I dont think what you asked is currently “entirely” possible. Let me explain.

The closest expression I could write to meet your condition with the v2020.4 is:
0 0 0-6 5W# * ?
Between 12:00 AM and 06:59 AM, on the weekday nearest to day 5 of the every month.

The above expression suits your requirement if the 5th of month is a Saturday, then the job will run on the 4th, which will be a Friday.

The challenge however is if the 5th of a month is a Sunday, your process will only run on Monday the 6th. Because the W parameter looks for the nearest weekday, which will of course be the (the next day), Monday. The W parameter was something new to me and have not used it myself before in Linux.

I tried the above expression in orchestrator cloud community edition, seems to work!

Extras!

• I tried to find out if the v2020.10 has some updates on Cron jobs, I dont see it in the beta-previews.

• This exact particular problem is solved in linux forums, but I am not entirely sure how UiPath/ Quartz.NET have implemented the cron expression.

2 Likes