Column name retrieved as EXPR1001 instead of actual column name from excel file

Hi - I am trying to fetch couple of columns from a .xlsb file containing 500,000+ rows. Hence, I am using execute query to retrieve the desired columns and writing the retrieved datatable in a .CSV file.

However, interestingly, when i opened the .csv file, I could see one of the column names is “EXPR1001” instead an actual column name (“XX DATE”).

Has anyone come across such issues?

error

Thanks.

1 Like

Do you have example of original file column (image) - it doesn’t just change the name randomly.

There may be something in your execute query which is causing the column name to change?

1 Like

Hi, This is the column from the original file.

Query:

“Select [CIP ACCOUNT], Cdate([PROVIDER GL DATE]) from [CIP Report$] where [CIP ACCOUNT] like ‘%1200400%’ or [CIP ACCOUNT] like ‘%1201800%’ or [CIP ACCOUNT] like ‘%1202500%’ or [CIP ACCOUNT] like ‘%1201100%’ or [CIP ACCOUNT] like ‘%1152600%’ or [CIP ACCOUNT] like ‘%1151900%’”

dateCol

1 Like

May i know why we use here Cdate
@SudhakarAs92

1 Like

Hi - To convert the String to date.

1 Like

Is the original column name is Provider GL Date or XX Date

Cheers @SudhakarAs92

1 Like

Hi Its [Provider GL Date]… Just for a representation i mentioned as [xx date]

So you want the header to be [Provider GL Date] or [XX Date]?

You need to specify Cdate([PROVIDER GL DATE]) As’ Provider GL Date’ in SQL if you want to keep column header?

1 Like

Thanks. It worked!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.