Clicking Folder in Outlook that is out of view

Hi Everyone,

I have an issue with automating this task in Oulook:

• Go to Outlook
  • Iterate through all folders in an Inbox and move them to another subfolder

My problem here is the actual click on the folder. I have working selectors and everything. However, there are a lot of folders so a bunch of them are not visible in the window. Now when I try to click them, UiPath performs the click at the right location but this location is outside of Outlook itself and therefore the folder is not selected.

What I have already tried is this:

1. Using SimulateType & SendWindowMessages => I get this error: Click ‘Tree Item’: Action not supported by this type of element. Please use another type of click.

2. Sending the PGDN hotkey to move down in the folderlist. Here, the issue is validating if the needed folder is visible. Since the selector does actually work I cannot use try catch because it won’t fail. Another Option would be to try getting the visible text (foldername) and if this doesn’t yield a result scroll further down => Somehow neither get visible text nor get text works with foldernames for me. Get Full Text does work, however, regardless of the foldername actually being visible.

I am really running out of ideas here :frowning:

Does anyone know how to solve this? Help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Have you tried to this using get outlook messages?
For each mail in emails
move mail to location

Hi Matt_S,

I actually have to move the folders themselves, not just the emails.

Best,
Lukas

Have you tried just using the file directory to do this, copy and move folders, etc. instead of in Outlook.

Hi Matt_S,

thank you for your input. I have now found another solution by using the “Type Into” activity on the folder pane. Accordingly, when I type the foldername into this area it jumps to the right one.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.