Check Internet Connection Before Start the Web Base Process

Hi guys

I need to check the Internet connection (can Access to the Internet and Search) before Start the Web Base Project
Can you please give the example for this

Tharindu

2 Likes

HI @S_D_RPA
this could help you on this

Cheers @S_D_RPA

2 Likes

Hi Tharindu, you can try making a flow chart like this as the start node of your activity:

1. Make a Flowchart activity and set it as start node, then open it.
  2. Assign Activity, on the To bar (first box) press Ctrl+K then make a variable called InternetStatus then open the Variables Tab and set it as a Generic Value. Then at the Value bar (second box), type System.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkInterface.GetIsNetworkAvailable()
  3. Next is make a decision flow with the condition InternetStatus = True
  4. On the left activity, (which is the true node - if InternetStatus is true) then make a message box saying internet connection found)
  5. On the right activity, (which is the false node - if InternetStatus is false) then make a message box saying internet connection is not found then point it back to the assign activity. This will keep prompting the activity to loop until the internet connection is available.

Hope this makes it clear, if you have questions kindly ask :slight_smile:

Regards,
Mc

3 Likes

Hi MC

Thank u for the sharing details information I will and let u know Is it fix for my works

regadrs
Tharindu

1 Like

Hi, Tharindu

Take all the time you need, you can do it. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Mc

Hi MC

As your details I check the process i will very usefully for the when All network gone down

I need check Internet connection Pre check Process…

as example: think i need to search the some link through Internet so i set the IP address with Internet facility but some one change this IP address that time i need to get the error notification about connection loss

Hi Tharindu,

Are you saying that you want to check whether the internet connection is available before running your process?

If yes:
You should set the Check Internet flowchart as your start node by right clicking on the flowchart, like so:

Or by dragging an arrow from the Start button to the flowchart.

If no:
Can you please show me your whole process?

Regards,
Mc

Actually I need check the net connection before start the Internet Explore
Using Internet Explorer I need to go to Currency Update site and get the value

check below Image

Hi Tharindu,

You just need to drag a flowchart activity in your Open Browser flowchart, and set it as a start node, by doing so, it will check the internet connection first, before proceeding with your Open IE Browser activity.

This is the step by step process:

1. Drag a Flowchart Activity inside your Open Browser flowchart:
  2. Now right click on the flowchart activity you dragged inside and click Set as Start Node
  3. After doing so, it should look like this:
  4. Now you need to click on the little box below the Check Internet Flowchart and connect it to the Open IE Browser activity below.
    It should look like this after connecting it:
  5. Now open the Flowchart you dragged inside (the start node) and modify it as I stated in my previous reply:

If you have further questions, don’t hesitate to ask :slight_smile:

Regards,
Mc

1 Like

HI MC,

Thank you for the Support

Can you please tell the way to find Setup tab in UIPATH Studio

I check in the Tools menu but cannot find

Tharindu

@S_D_RPA

I guess you are using new version of UIpath. In this version, we don’t have setup tab.

What option are you looking for ?

1 Like

HI Lakshman

I need to find below option

Tharindu

1 Like

@S_D_RPA

Now they decommissioned Schedule Task option. We can’t find this any more. we can use Orchestrator to schedule task.

2 Likes

@lakshman

oh really so thats why its not in the tab

thank you for the information

I need to run robot from remote computer just click bat file or shortcut

tharindu

1 Like