Change sheet Name in excel

I have used filter data option in excel to filter out data’s from column from a sheet to save as in different excel. i want to change the sheet name since it says exceeds 31 characters…is there any way to do so?

i tried to use rename sheet option but was not able to make it up. It would be great to have a solution.

Hi @vignesh.maruthappan

Write Range workbook activity throwing the error right. If yes, then you have passed the CurrentRow(0).toString in the Sheet name field may be it have the data with more than 31 characters, print the CurrentRow(0).toString and check it contains how many characters, if it contains more than 31 characters then try to make it short. It will works.

Hope it helps!!

1. CurrentRow(0).ToString.Trim.Substring(0,31)
  2. CurrentRow(0).ToString.Trim.Substring(0,30)

Try anyone of the above solution in the Write range activity Sheet name property.

still shows the same

You are giving in the double quotes, remove the double quotes from both side of the expression, the try it will works.

CurrentRow(0).toString.Trim.Substring(0,29)

Hope it helps!!

it shows a run time execution error

Could you try the below one, Replace your expression with the below one in sheet name field.

If(CurrentRow(0).toString.Length>=30, CurrentRow(0).toString.Substring(0,29), CurrentRow(0).toString)

Hope you understand!!

thanks and great.Understand

1 Like

It’s my pleasure… @vignesh.maruthappan

Happy Automation!!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.