Cannot able to execute the file in CMD

Hi @ovi @ddpadil @Dominic

i cannot able to execute the file in CMD throws an error ?

Gave in Syntax like this : UiRobot.exe -file “%HOMEPATH%\Documents\UiPath\command_line_test\Main.xaml”

Example :
UiRobot.exe -file “C:\Users\ravi_d\Documents\UiPath\samplebatfile\main.xaml”

Is this the way to give the path and need to execute the file in Command Promt ?

Please find the error screenshot here :

Thanks
RaviDevaraj

It does work well for me … could you corss check the file name and path ?

Hi @sai.kiran

In your path “Test Soap” Folder in that see the xaml File Name and Project.json File Edit and see the main heading file name will be display as same.

See the screenshot too

And i am not clear this is an solution for that ? Try it .
Thanks
RaviDevaraj

Are you trying to say its an issue with Main.xaml file name ???

Its working fine for me even if i try to use Main.xaml

What does this Main.xaml contain ? could you share this Main.xaml … i am curious why its not working for you …

Main.xaml (4.8 KB)

And my bat file cannot able to attached here format not supported throws an error !!!

In the main.xaml i have tigger the bat file in that i have commented as “mkdir usr1,usr2,usr3,usr4,usr5” and store in different directory : “Path”

Thanks
RaviDevaraj

Are you looking to execute the sample.bat ?? so that it creates the Dir ?

Main.xaml (5.4 KB)

Check this out , it executes your bat file via cmd.exe , and creates the folders , i hope this is what you were looking for ?

Yes

i need to execute the main .xaml file in my CMD so that time need to trigger and create the folder in that Specified path.

what command i want to give in A CMD Place ?

And what changes you have done in main.xaml file , may i know that to understand the Logic…

Thanks
RaviDevaraj

The workflow is creating the bat file as you gave in , but then instead of running that bat file in cmd , it can be executed via UIpath itsef … using a Start process activity.

Have a look at the start process activity used in the Main.xaml file i attached. It basically executed the .bat file … and gets the directories created.

in CommandPromt ?

You don’t need to run it in the cmd . Just execute the workflow I uploaded it will create the bat file and run the bat file automatically .

After the workflow completes . Check your path you should see the directories created

Run the workflow from uipath studio

Oh do you want to create directories at the path you execute uirobot.exe from ?? Instead of the workflows current path ?

You would need to create an in argument for the workflow and take the current directory path from cmd … and use that in_argument value while creating the directories …

i cannot able to get you Sorry

@RaviDevaraj “C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath Studio\UiRobot.exe” -file “C:\Users\ravi_d\Documents\UiPath\samplebatfile\main.xaml”

use above command in terminal it will help u

No use With those commands same error only facing ?

@RaviDevaraj what error u getting. use -f and /file instead -file check these options.

Error message @Manjuts90

@RaviDevaraj please check the path of xaml file and use other options like -f , /file instead of -file.

Hi @Manjuts90

error only :image

Actually My Path is this : “C:\Users\ravi_d\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-18.2.0\UiRobot.exe” -f “C:\Users\ravi_d\Documents\UiPath\samplebatfile\Sample.bat”

then also throws an error see the error screenshot below :