Can a Test be executed on Orchestrator using API calls from Azure Pipeline?

Is there a way to execute UiPath tests (test sets) on orchestrator using API calls from the Azure Pipeline? or from postman?

@SVC

You can check this

for details on the inputs of api please check swagger

<OrchetsratorURL>/swagger/index.html

cheers

Anil’s response is a tad oversimplified cause its missing out the context of what you are trying to do, which is run them from a pipeline.

This infers you will therefore not only want to start a test set but also monitor the output of it and get the results of it.

The relationships here are quite complex to deduce at first.
I will look up my reference material on this tomorrow, but from memory you need to do the following API calls.

You need to start a Test Set, you then need to get details of that test set, using those details you then search for all the test cases associated with it.
If you are using Azure you don’t need to dive deeper but for understanding each Test Case has an associated job (this runs like a normal robot job).

Those jobs get queued up and run, as they complete so do the associated test cases, once all test cases are done the test set is done.

I haven’t played with webhooks which could be used to send a message back to the Azure Pipeline to say the Test Set is done, but you could also perhaps use a polling methodology.
If the Test Set is done logically you could then get all the test cases and see if any failed.

It starts to get quite complex. I personally am trying to get using the UiPath Build Pipelines off the ground instead. Main thing holding me back is getting a switch to GitHub for the integration in a real client environment.

Thanks I will look into it

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed reply!!

Yes I would definitely want to monitor the results. I am new to all this side of UiPath, kind of learning. Thank you very much for sharing the steps!!