Calculating the ages of employees based on their date of birth

I have an Excel sheet that contains employee information and there is a column for the date of birth, and I want to calculate their age, and I also want to convert their date of birth into this formula, for example:
March 12, 1994

Hi @Muneer_Alrashdan

1. For calculating date of Birth, you can subtract the brithdate and current date and convert that difference into year to get age

2. Regarding your question on date format of birth date, I would suggest try either of 2 options

a. Read excel , and for each row for Birthday column, change the date format and then use workbook write range to write the updated data

OR

b. use a vba script to change the format of Birthday column to specific date format & use invoke vba code to invoke vba in the excel for converting date format.

For VBA refer the below link:

Thanks & Regards,
Nived N

@Muneer_Alrashdan

1. To convert date on excel…use format cell activity and try changing the format as required…
  2. For the age you can directly caculate using excel formula…for that you need to write the below formula in the first cell which is L2 using a write cell activity and then use auto fill formula activity

"=TRUNC(YEARFRAC(K2,TODAY()))"

Hope this helps

Cheers

Hi @Muneer_Alrashdan ,

Please follow the below steps to achieve your requirement,

• Inside excel application scope, Use ‘read range’ activity and store the output in a datatable var.
  • Inside ‘for each row in datatable’ activity, use ‘get row item’ activity to read Birthday column data one-by-one.
  • Use below code calculate their age in year,
int_years = DateDiff(DateInterval.Year, DateTime.ParseExact(Strinput.ToString, "dd-MM-yyyy", System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture),DateTime.now())
  • Now use the below code to change the date formatting and then you can use update row item to update the same in the datatable.
var_datetime = Datetime.ParseExact(Strinput.ToString, “dd/MM/yyyy”, System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture).toString("MMM dd, yyyy")

Hope this works for you.

Regards,
Ashutosh Gupta

1. To calculate age :

int_year=CInt(DateDiff(DateInterval.Year,Convert.ToDateTime(str_date1),Convert.ToDateTime(str_date2)))

str_date1 =birthdate.
str_day2 =todays date.

2.Converting date format:

DateTime.ParseExact(str_date1,“dd/MM/yyyy”,nothing).ToString(“MMMM dd, yyyy”)