Bot should run whithout showing any error when cell is null or empty

Hi all,
I have one question
I have one excel sheet and there are 20-30 column and i need to put this data into one website
So when i am entering data so some cells are empty
But i want my bot should move next activity without showing any error, am.using type into activity

@Priyanshu_chauhan

If you are using REFramework https://docs.uipath.com/studio/standalone/2023.4/user-guide/robotic-enterprise-framework, you can detect the completeness of the data first before doing anything in the automation and then throw a Business Exception error if incomplete.

If not using REFramework, similar concept where you check for completeness first and then use Continue/Skip Current activity in the loop you’re using.

Hope this works for you. Thanks!

You can surround your process in a try catch, this will try to enter a value and continue if there is an error.

Or you can use an IF and only type in if your column contains data

Hi @Priyanshu_chauhan,
You can use “if condition” weather data is present in variable or not OR Just click on “continue on error” in property panel of type into activity.

Thanks,

Hi @Priyanshu_chauhan,
Set the default value of the variable to “”
If the website that you are trying to type in allows blank values then activity would not throw the error.

Hi @Priyanshu_chauhan You can try below 3 approaches

1. Where ever the values are empty you can set the default data as “” which means an empty string.
  2. You can enable the continue on error property so that particular field data entry continues even if it faced an error.
  3. If you are facing issues with the above approaches then you can use a try catch activity and use the above approaches again and handle the exception gracefully.

Also, can you confirm if the error which you are facing is like “Object is not set to an instance of an object”