Auto rotate pdf for OCR

ocr
studio

Hi,

When reading a pdf that is rotated to the sides, the output that is given shows gibberish, and this is due to the fact that the OCR engine is trying to read the page from top to bottom, and left to right.

Is it possible to detect the orientation of the page, and rotate it?
For example, if I have a document that have 2 pages, 1 is of correct orientation and one is of wrong orientation, the robot would robot the wrong page to the correct orientation so that both pages of the document are sent correct to the OCR engine for processing.

So far, only Abbyy Cloud OCR is able to do this auto rotation of specific pages, even the normal Abbyy OCR is unable to auto rotate it. So I would like to know if there is any way of achieving the same result as Abbyy Cloud OCR?

I’m facing the same problem

Facing the same problem too. Any idea guys?

Hi UiPath,

I am also facing this Issue. OCR engine is only reading the page from top to bottom, and left to right.
Documents can come in, in all sorts of orientation format. This is a critical key requirement for our project.
Would appreciate if someone could respond to it :slight_smile:

Hi All,

You can do this using Third Party Application Microsoft Office Document Imaging (MODI) software.

Try if it helpful to you.