šŸŽ… Advent of UiPath 2020

Definitely would like to try that magical food. But would you also like to try Santaā€™s new Sleigh? i heard it has a V8 engine inside and a turbo intercooler

2 Likes

A Robot for Every Elf

Great :laughing:

This should be proposed to UiPathā€™s marketing.

4 Likes

SO then Santa Only needs the Uipath APP for looking for all status :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I would like to post something related to this purpose of the Advent Challenge Series

We are seeing awesome solutions posted to these pages in response to the Challenges. So much so that Iā€™m almost tempted to go back to writing code-heavy solutions.

Disclaimer: I love getting things done in concise code. Sometimes it is not just unavoidable, but darn efficient as well!

And therein comes a real-world challenge.
Before succumbing to the temptation each time, I try to remind myself that for most part impersonating the human user is where RPA solutions in general distinguish themselves from traditional back-office or code-first automations.

When presenting demos or proof of concepts, I feel that it becomes easier for us to justify the need for RPA by building a demo that is closer to actions of front-line business groups than showing them something that runs several lines of code. And when we demonstrate code-heavy solutions, the tech-savvy audience are quick to respond by asking or saying the following:

1. So, if you are writing code, why do we need to do it in UiPath? Canā€™t we do it using tools that we already have?
  2. Is UiPath an integration tool? Because the code you just showed us can also be written using the ā€œExecute Script Taskā€ in our integrations tool
  3. Why are we doing it this way? I have APIs that can do that, why do we need to use RPA?

My concern is that if we build code-heavy RPA Solutions, it is possible that all of the control of salient business functions will be taken away from frontline business groups and the pressure to deal with them will fall squarely on the RPA teams. This pressure would further compound if these processes suffer failures, or if a slight workaround needs to be exercised to make the Automation behave differently in Production.

That said, the above argument loses ground if the Automation is completely Unattended because by making something Unattended, the business user moves out of the technical equation and the RPA team becomes the point of contact for this Automation during its lifetime.

Hopefully, the concept of RPA will become more clearer to business groups and stakeholders as days progress. But at the same time, I think the way we present RPA to them becomes that much more important.

Now why did I post this? I was talking to a person yesterday who comes from HR background. In response to that conversation, I quickly built a solution of an old RPA Challenge #16 and posted a video of it. I believe that this would give her clarity on what RPA can do for her organization. Iā€™m posting that video here again because the RPA Challenge is now considered legacy.

These are just my thoughts and experiences. Approaches and opinions will vary.
For now, weā€™re more focused on how we can foresee, conceptualize and build better Human-Robot interfaces by going above and beyond the simple act of a Robot imitating human actions.
Doing so would put Business users in the driving seat and allow them to steer their automations through variations within the allowable scope of their intended functionality.

Weā€™ve done it at least twice and we think it works! :slight_smile:

thanks! :+1:

4 Likes

Hello @rpavanguard,
I assume your basically idea is about the Duality of RPA. Yes, you are right. The balancing act between programming, in the familiar sense, and RPA is very thin. Why? It doesnā€™t really make a difference. In my opinion the design method is different, but the function is identical. Thatā€™s what makes RPA so fantastic. Easy use of complex functions and processes without having to be a ā€œprofessional programmerā€. We have to make this transparent to our customers. And we have to make this transparent to the IT departments, we need them in the future for more complex tasks, where their core competencies are. Therefore, in my opinion, RPA allows us both perspectives.
I mean sure, if an IT department have a great automation platform to solve the requirements of their customers and it have the resources to do that, then let them do it. But do they have it? In the most cases not, thatā€™s why we have RPA. In my opinion, there is no need for further discussion from this point on. We are talking about the democratization of automation. Let it decide for itself which paths it will take, that is democracy.
Best regards
Stefan

7 Likes

Agreed @StefanSchnell.

That is why my post was an opinion not a debate. But that is what Democracy is all about. The ability to share opinions, invite debates, and form consensus.

Thanks for taking the time to read mine and give us yours in return! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think we all deserved extra gifts this year :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Last one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey @StefanSchnell and @rpavanguard. Personally I hope, that conversations like the one between you, can find a place on the forum in the coming year, as some of the aspects (in the more political/normative area) are something, I havnā€™t put a lot of thought into :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Whew! Last one before the xmas break!

2 Likes

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

Thanks a ton for participating in this challenge, which was intentionally meant to be a fun one, where we could learn from each other :slight_smile:

A special thanks to:

• All you participants
  • @ppr who helped creating some very hard challenges
  • Community staff who made it possible, especially @loginerror, @Pablito and @Vibhor.Shrivastava
  • Community staff who created challenges, @loginerror, @Pablito, @Luiza and @dianamorgan
  • Santa Steve aka Regex-@Steven_McKeering
  • All you participating anonymously. I hope you got a lot out of it, when these people presented their solutions, ranging from enterprise experts to complete beginners.
  • All the nice people that I forgot in the above

Attached youā€™ll find the final and total stars for all challenges. While they do represent value, please remember that the motive for this event was to learn and get to know each other :slight_smile: Regarding the value: Each star represents a ticket in the ā€œlotteryā€, which will be presented as a live YouTube session on my channel. @loginerror and @Pablito will be the ones drawing the winners :slight_smile: And I will present a technical solution in UiPath for doing so.

We will shortly get back with a date for the live session (which ofc can also be seen afterwards). In the meantime kindly check the attached .xlsx file and tell us, if something is wrong.

See you next year, Jingle-bell Jensen.

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

Advent Challenge.xlsx (9.6 KB)

15 Likes

Thank you community staff for creating the challenge for all of us in the UiPath Community.
Thank you to all the staff and moderators in UiPath forum. It was a fun filled advent for all of us. Besides that, lots of us learned as well.

@AndersJensen looking forward for the lottery and the technical solution in your Youtube channel!

10 Likes

Iā€™m not new to UiPath yet there was so much I could learn from these challenges. I had a lot of fun solving the problems and presenting it in the form of stories. Thanks to all the forum staff, organizers, and participants for doing your best and I hope you guys have a wonderful new year to come!

9 Likes

Thank you UiPath Forum Staff, Challenge organizers and all my fellow participants for making this event wonderful and providing the best solution throughout their experience and giving a chance to each one for learn something new in UiPath and Thank you for presenting the best stories references. :blush::blush:

It was an amazing experience for me and I really enjoyed alot and learned so many things.

7 Likes

Thanks for the great initiative, which helped me in honing my skillsā€¦

Best thing happened to me in 2020 for me was Learning the UiPath. Some of the challenges are really tough(for me), so even though I did not participated I have downloaded the solutions and started learning from thatā€¦

Thanks everyone who thought and executed it really wellā€¦

7 Likes

@AndersJensen
This is really great and super fun. The best thing is that we see how various ways that can accommodate the same requirement, that is the beauty of RPA.

Now we are waiting for your event :crazy_face: , Isnt it @monsieurrahul @seanrockvz13 @StefanSchnell and all :star_struck: :yum: :yum:

Anyway even the year-end is so busy, reading the stories of Advent Challenges to make us happier

Thank you all of you guys to make an awesome year end :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

6 Likes

Thank you to all. :grinning:

Unbenannt-2

7 Likes

Thanks all for lighten up december with challenges and knowledge sharing.

This autumn and winter have I started to look at RPA and UiPath in particular,
yesterday I signed a contract as a RPA developer starting on Monday.
See you out there and lets go automate things!

7 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome, congratulations on your new role bud @Markus_Anding :tada:

3 Likes

Yes!!! Everyone is excited!!! Looking forward to watching the live event :slight_smile:

4 Likes