ADODB Connection

excel
database
activities

Hello!!

I am developing a project which needs to extract information to excel. The idea is use excel as a data base so that we can apply queries to filter information for this reason I have thought of making an adobd connection because it is very useful and i am sure that this connection solve my problems.

However, I looked for a variable type “adobd connection” and It doesn’t exist in uipath in fact there are just oledb and odbc connections.

Someone can tell me, What Can I do to establish the adodb connection?

or give and example of how to make and oledb or odbc conecction withn excel as data base?

Hello!

You can use the Database Activities (Connect, Execute Query, Execute NonQuery). All you’ll have to do is to pass the Connection String on “Connect” Activity. (Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=c:\myFolder\myExcel2007file.xlsx; Extended Properties=“Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=YES”; )

Hope It Helps :wink:

Regards,

Hi my friend, I tried your suggestion but When I run the project an exception message is shown , It tells that the provider is not installed . Do you know the way to install it?

You just need to have Microsoft Excel 2007+ installed. Are you trying to connect to a XLSX or XLS file?

It is an xlsx file and office is installed in the computer

Ok. Try to install Microsoft Access Database Engine (which is necessary to use the ACE.OLEDB Connection).

Let me know if works.

Regards,

even though I installed the engine, the error keeps coming out

Try to use “Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.8.0”. Let me know what happens

it shows the same error but the name the provider now tells OLEDB.8.0 =(

I’ll search some examples and share with you after the execution of an artifact that I’m running :slight_smile: