Adding "" To a File Path Variable

So basically im using powershell to move my most recent file in users/downloads to /downloads/downloadedmusic, so i can do the move path as that is static and never changes but what i need is for my variable of most recent file (pDownloadedFile) doesnt have “” surrounding it which is what i need to do, now i cant just assign it in the VB Expression as it will change every time the profgram is run, so how do i get “” surrounding my pDownloadedFile Path

@chewyearth38
welcome to the forum

Are you looking for how to set some text within quotes?

grafik
kindly note \" is visual for the escaped quote only and equivalent to
Do-Command -File "C:\ABC\test.txt" OtherCode

1 Like

So it gets the most recently downloaded file from downloads and assigns the path with no “” which is what i need for powershell to understand the path. How would i do this

Thanks For Your Help

May we ask you to reformulate the last question. We did’t get it in all. Thanks

so ive managed to get the variable to have “” it was 4 lots but i have a different issue, depending on the file name i belive this error comes up when entering the instructions on moving the file path to another folder in powershell

we would recommend to check following:

• grafik
    so it more readable and traceable

• if maybe file system actions can be done within uipath and .Net api statements instead with Powershell

• Using Invoke Power Shell Activity

managed to do it thanks mate i did “”“” + variable + “”“” in an assign and it worked

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.