Add If Activity that shows message box if any cells in specific column are blank

I want to insert an If activity into my flow that shows user a message box if any cells in column J are blank. While the column is always J and the column header is always “Training Unit Training Agreement ID”, the range of cells that should have data are always different length. Sometimes the spreadsheet will have 5 cells of data and other times 50.
Attached is what I have set up and tested, but despite there being empty cells when I test it (as shown in screenshot) it skips to the last activity, instead of displaying the message box you see in the screenshot below. Please let me know what can be done.

Hi,

Can you elaborate about relation with columnD and J?

Regards,

Hi @Yoichi, my apologies that was a typo. Was meant to say column J, not column D. I updated the text in the original post above.

Hi,

Alright. Your workflow seems no problem. Can you check the blank cell doesn’t have anything including white space?
FYI, I wrote same workflow as the following, and it works.

Sample20220307-3X.zip (56.5 KB)

Or can you share your excel sheet as a file?

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @Yoichi I tried it again, but it’s not working. I have attached the excel file, and left two cells blank in the Training Unit Agreement Training ID column (which is column F, not J, but this doesn’t affect anything, just letting you know my original post should have said column F).

SFDC Data Uploader Registered Attendees.xlsx (9.5 KB)

Update: I think it’s something in how UiPath reads the data on the spreadsheet. The workflow is correct, but it thinks the cell is not empty for some reason.

Hi,

In my environment, it works well for the above file.
If there is possibility whitespace exists in the blank cell, can you try to replace IsNullOrEmpty to IsNullOrWhiteSpace in the condition using Advanced Editor?

Regards,

Hi @Yoichi
I was able to get it to work.

With the message box you created, if there is a blank in row 4 of that column, it will show message “Blank is found at row# 4”. In this example, lets say there is also empty cell in row 8.

If I wanted to set it up so that I enter data into that cell and click OK on the message box, another message box will appear to say “Blank is found at row# 8” how would I do that? And repeating that for any additional empty cells?

Hi,

Can you try t o replace ExitLoop activity to the following InputDialog and WriteCell?

img20220311-1

Regards,

Hi @Yoichi

Thanks. This is different from what I am looking to do, but actually, I am going to go a different route for this flow.

I have marked an earlier reply as solution for my original post. Thanks so much for your help with all of this!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.