Academic Alliance installation license question

Hello Everyone,

I am a Systems Administrator at a Higher Learning Institute. I have been asked to install UiPath Academic Alliance Edition in a VDI environment for students(Horizon virtualization). 1. Does this violate the EULA in any way? 2. What, if any, are the issues I need to look out for?

TIA

Doug

2 Likes

hi @douglas.moore !

please check these attachments out. yes, it is compliant to install in VDI. what school are you working for?

UiPath Academic Alliance Edition install (2021.10.5).pdf (517.9 KB)
UiPath_Studio_Academic_Alliance_Edition_Setup_v4.pdf (153.4 KB)
p

1 Like

Hello Vladimir,

I am at Florida State College at Jacksonville.

Doug

Hello Vladimir,

So, some assumptions regarding the installation. Please correct me if I am wrong.

As the administrator, I see where I can install it for all users. These are non-static VDIs that get rebuilt after every use. Do I need a group of static VDIs so the profiles and activations are maintained or do the students need to activate each time they log in?

Doug

Doug

@douglas.moore, let me ask my colleagues Kristina Kaldon @magizoologist and Michaela Rosenmayer @Michaela_Rosenmayer who manager our academic program in the US to chime in.

1 Like

Hi @douglas.moore!

Sorry for the delay, I didn’t get alerted to the tag. The first time the users log in, they will need to activate by using the license key they receive via email by filling out this form: Download UiPath Studio Academic Alliance Edition | UiPath

Depending on how your organization clears their AppData folder, they may need to re-enter the license key again each time (this will not count as another license consumption though) or it will hold for their profile and they won’t have to do anything after the initial activation.

1 Like