Vlookup using UiPath

Hi All,

I am new to UiPath. I have two Excel sheets, first excel sheets contains list of Names in first column and Email address in second column. The second excel sheet contains date in first column and Names in second column(Names would get repeated). I wanted to first the names together in second excel sheet which I have done it. I am facing an issue in finding the email id from the first excel sheet according to the grouped ones from second sheet. Names in both the sheet will be the same. Kindly help me with this.

Buddy @Selvasathya

In that case you use join datatable activity in UiPath, where you can pass the first datatble and second datatable and make join with names as inner join and get the final output datatable separately.

hu
this can give you a fine idea about using join table

Else if you want to use vlookup, we have an option called lookup datatable activity where you can pass the column Name as lookup column in the property and check with first excel datatable, but my kind suggestion is to take the first option, that would work

Hope this would help you

Cheers

Hi @Selvasathya

You can use the Join data Table activity to join the two datatables here since both has the name as the common field.

So, these are the steps you should follow.

1. Read the two excel sheet data into two separate datatables
  2. Use the join Data Table activity with the Inner Join type. For the columns, provide the names of the two name columns so that it can find a match in those two and return only the matching records to you.

there are three different join types which you can use. Refer the link below and you can select what suits you better

The output of this activity will be another datatable variable which contains all columns of both datatables. So, if you are to write back to an excel, you can remove unwanted columns using the Remove Data Column activity.

1 Like

Hi Lahiru,

I am using UiPath 2017.1v due to which I am unable to find join data table activity and unable to install also:(

Hi Palani,

I am using UiPath 2017.1v due to which I am unable to find join data table activity and unable to install also:(

Which edition you are using community or enterprise

Cheers

It is Enterprise

@Selvasathya

try to update the UiPath.System.Activities packge in manage package menu and search for this activity in your activity panel else

Kindly download the new version with this link

Cheers.

As per Client requirement I have to use 2017.1v only. I tried to install UiPath.System.Activities but it says “installing this package on 2018.2v or lower causes unexpected changes in workflow”.

were you able to see the lookup datatable activity in the panel,
Cheers

In Manage Activity panel yes I was able to see it but there was a note “Important: installing this package on 2018.2v or lower causes unexpected changes in workflow”. Due to which I did not try to install.

Yes you can but other activities will get affected

@Selvasathya

You can Write cell Activity and write the Vlookup formula in the respective range.
Please find sample working,
Vlookup.xaml (6.3 KB)

Thanks,
Suresh J