Convert secure string to string

the password output should be SecureStrVar instead of password. Then it should work!

using “Get Secure Credential” to will output a password of type=SecureString (SecureStrVar) and username of type = string

then we use new System.Net.NetworkCredential(String.Empty, SecureStrVar).Password to convert this SecureString to a string (password variable)

Can you share related xaml file? Thanks in advance

Here .Main.xaml (5.7 KB)

1 Like

just follow this , .

1 Like

YES, no error has gone, but the Message BOX returns “Empty” Message, I think it’s not Possible to extract Password from my system

YOu need to print out password instead of SecureStrVar

Main (1).xaml (4.6 KB)

Yes, I did that but the output is empty with “password” and “password.ToString”:

then i dont know :weary:
maybe you can try update your UiPath.Credentials.Activities to the latest version

1 Like

Check the Result, if it’s extracting the password or not!
and check the persistence type it should match the same as it’s defined in Windows Credential manager

I’m using the latest version :

In Windows Credential Manager it’s written In asterixis format “*****” and can’t edit that, seems can’t be done at my level ( need IT administrator Team).

1 Like

No,
like above you can see Presistence, and see what you have and try different type of Credentials type and also check in Locals if you are getting atleast Username!

Seems Credential are not stored locally as per the bellow :

1 Like

Create one and fetch the value from it.

Yes this is what I’m doing :slight_smile:
Tell me how to print the following using CMD