You need a browser which full supports HTML5 Canvas to run SpreadJS

Hi Team,

I am trying to use IE11 (only supported browser) for the application but have the following error when i check the selector.

You need a browser which full supports HTML5 Canvas to run SpreadJS

It selects a whole page as canvas but is not selecting a specific element, i tried all (Click text, OCR text etc)

Thank you!
Arun Daram

Hi,
How about chrome and firefox?
did you try with UiExplorer by changing Uiframework options.

uiexplorer

no luck, the website i am trying only support IE

Was a solution for this ever found? I am currently running into this exact issue.

Thanks!

Hi, Any solution is found for this issue please?

Hi @Sandeep.Anand

Could you provide a sample of the website (a screenshot)? A workflow sample would also be helpful, together with information about your Studio and activity packages versions.

@loginerror

Just the man to solve this. Having the same issue with Canvas. I can only use IE and the Work Area I’m reading is quite large. So just using scraping is very limited in what I can pull. I would have to use regex and a bunch of scrolling just to pull info from a data table that’s in Canvas. Maybe you can use your Supreme Powers to recommend a fix for this. Attached are some screen shots for ya that might help you understand what’s going on

Thank you kind sir!

This might be a bit of a workaround.

Can you print the page to pdf? and then read the text directly from the newly created pdf?

Unfortunately, It sees the canvas as only what’s displayed, the page only saves the current items on display :frowning:

Damn.

Ummm…

• Copy source code into text file and use regex?

or

• highlight everything using hotkeys and copy and paste into a text file / excel and read it from there?

Hi BotMonkey. We’ve run into the same issue for the OIT site across all browsers. As a workaround (that has worked extremely well), we’ve been using a URL navigate activity after OIT application launch to the URL containing the OIT 6-digit locator code for the binder. You were probably already aware of these locator codes but open any OIT binder and check the URL just in case. To facilitate others in the department using automation and since they probably won’t know (or care) about the locator codes, we have a separate Excel file in SharePoint Online that a standard UiPath library activity uses to add the locator code DataColumn to any DataTable provided, such that their process can then perform the URL navigation to the correct OIT binder. It took some heavier lift to automate OIT than other OneSource apps, but once we had it up and running it’s been a vital part of all OIT automation processes built. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Tried using Citrix Recording.It worked.You guys can try it.I was stuck in Same application & had to click Binders name link.Unable to click it by click event.Tried Citrix recording & passed Binders name as variable in search box.

1 Like

I will have to try this. Thank you and welcome to the community!

Happy Automating!

1 Like

Yes, also there is another way like try Click Ocr Text,pass variable there where want to click.That also worked for me.Try that one as well. Happy automation.

Hello,
I know this thread is old but did anyone found a solution to this problem? I am currently facing the same challenge with automation on IE. A whole box was selected as a canvas but I could not select the individual elements within the box. When I tried to use find children activity, I got the error: your browser does not support html5 canvas.

Hi @Emmy_O

As one of the last options, you could use the Computer Vision activities that use OCR to spot the elements on the screen.

It would also help to have some more context about your specific web application.

Thank you @loginerror for your response. I will try with the CV activities and see if I will be able to get headway.
I am searching for products on a webpage using product numbers already provided in an excel sheet and then from the listed search result, I want to click on the product name that matches with the product name in my input excel sheet.

My approach is to use the find children activity to get the list of all search results and then be able to click on the matching result. However, this was not possible because of the error your browser does not support html5 canvas. Unfortunately, this website only works on Internet Explorer.
I have tried using various OCR activities like find text and click text but these could not all find the texts on the screen. I will again try with the CV activities and see if I will get some breakthrough before I finally give up on myself that the task cannot be automated :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @loginerror

Thank you very much for your help here. Computer Vision activities worked perfectly for me. However, I have one more challenge. Can one use variables in CV activities descriptor? I am using the click text activity but I need to do this in a loop and click on all product names. Unfortunately, it does not work when I use the variable inside the CV click text descriptor. Any work around here?

Hi @Emmy_O .

If you set up the Cv Click Descriptor (whole descriptor) to a string variable (ex: “product_name” With default value

"Target: Button (432,544,81,32)" +"Anchor: Text 'Product Name' (454,554,39,13)"

and set it to your desired value at runtime it should work. Also if you want to check it at design time it needs to have a default value to evaluate.

If it still does not work, please send us your project so we can check

Hello @sbotan,

Many thanks for your response. I will give it a try again and hope it works.