You can only run .NET6 .nupkg files or published process from the UiRobot command line

After converting from windows legacy to windows, I discovered that this syntax no longer works for .net6:

c:\Program Files\UiPath\Studio\UiRobot.exe --file “c:\repositories\Activate.xaml” --input “{‘in_Data’ : ‘test’}”

This syntax seems to work just fine:

c:\Program Files\UiPath\Studio\UiRobot.exe execute --process Activate --entry “Activate.xaml” --input “{‘in_Data’ : ‘test’}”

I feel it would be helpful for UiPath to allow the legacy method to continue working. Otherwise, we will need to change the calling syntax for each workflow we convert.

Additional information.

1 Like

Hello @grosner!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Hello,
Did you find any solutions?

hi,

If you only have a .xaml file, you need to first package it into a .nupkg file before using the UiRobot command line to run it. You can follow these steps:

1. Open your .xaml file in UiPath Studio.
  2. Click on the “Publish” button to open the “Publish” wizard.
  3. In the “Publish options” page ,choose “Publish to” to “Custom” and choose the output folder on “Custom URL” .
  4. Click the “Publish” button and wait for the packaging process to complete.
  5. Open a command prompt or Powershell window, and use the following command to run the .nupkg file:
C:\Users\ytcheng\AppData\Local\Programs\UiPath\Studio\UiRobot.exe execute --file "C:\Path\To\Your\Package.1.0.0.nupkg"

Replace “C:\Path\To\Your\Package.1.0.0.nupkg” in the command with the actual path to your .nupkg file.

hope it can help.

5 Likes

this didnt work though. The error says "Cannot find a process named “Main”

I changed the Activate to Main as it seems the .xaml for your case is Activate

this works! Thanks so much!

Hi sir…how to give permission to third person access sir…plz help me sir…