XAML is corrupt if you change an argument name too many times?

I am new to UIPath, but I’ve already seen this issue a number of times. The exact error varies, but it seems in each case that if you change the name of an argument a number of times, particularly if you change the name of a argument rapidly, the xaml gets corrupted.

1. I created an argument in a library xaml called “out_boolSuccess”.
  2. I published the library a number of times and used it in an automation project.
  3. In the library project I was debating on the best way to return a boolean that indicates an exception occurred and I changed the name of the argument 4 or 5 times.
  4. When I try to publish the library, I get the error:

The assembly compilation returned the following errors:
‘ProcessIsRunning’ does not contain a definition for ‘out_boolSuccess’

However:

1. The xaml no longer contains any instance of the argument “out_boolSuccess”. I’ve even searched the xaml file’s XML and could not find it.
  2. When I test the xaml by choosing Run File, there is no error.

Hello @tsverthoff!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

The error message does not point to the real issue. When publishing the library, I had a test xaml using the old parameter name calling the xaml with the changed parameter name. This produced the same error message (not corrupt).

Check if ProcessisRunning is called from within the lib with a parameter of out_bootSuccess. By opening the xaml making the call, the parameter list (orange) will be updated to the current parameters. Save and error goes away.

Another way to see the real problem is to copy ProcessisRunning to ProcessisRunning2, then delete ProcessisRunning. There error will reported will reflect the xaml that has the bad parameter reference to ProcessisRunning.