Xaml files showing as ReadOnly in UiPath Studio

Hi,

Any idea as to why all the .xaml files in my studio would be showing as ReadOnly?

I cannot modify any of the sequences in any of the files! Please help!

Chris

1 Like

Hello,

Please make sure your robot is not executing. Go to Execute tab from the menu and then click Stop.

1 Like

The robot is not executing

1 Like

Hello,

Do you tried execute or open the file through source folder ?

Regards

Could you please elaborate what you mean?

Most probably you are using FOR license i mean Attended(Front Office Robot) License then you will see this Read only mode.

Check it once.

Regards…!!
AKsh

3 Likes

We were given a license that stated we were allowed to use the studio on two machines. The license has been activated on both machines but only one machine is allowing edits - could this be why? How do I resolve?

Thanks

Well if you have an activated studio then check that .xaml file properties. have you copied it from other system? or

Were you able to resolve this? we are facing the same issue currently

The xaml file is read only ? (Right click → properties on the file).

What version do you use ?

1 Like

we are currently using 2016.2.6274
We have just switched to orchestrator, and have a new ‘universal’? license for 3 Unattended Robots and 5 Dev Robots and 1 Non-Production.
Now that we have updated to the new key, this is only allowing the unistudio to be opened in read only mode- cannot edit the code & cannot create a new project

It seems that you have only Runtime license. In 2016.2 with this license you are not allowed to use studio (only robots).

Would we need to have a separate license key for studio?

even press stop button stop option is still visiable

after running any process my all process get into readonly stage even completing all excution my uipath show excution is still running . i am trying to find why my process is showing read only

1 Like

Hi All,

I’ve executed a process, it has been failed and robot has been closed but still the ‘xaml’ files are read only. ‘Stop’ button is visible and Clicked on Stop button but still xaml files are read only.

Could you please help here

Hi @pradeepkintali

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

Could you let us know what is the version of your Studio? For ease, you could attach a log zip file here by following this method:

1 Like

Hi, Maciej,

Product Info :
Version : 2019.6.0 - 6/24/2019
Community Edition
EXE Installer

License Provider: Internal
Device ID: MHKdClzYk8r4awaF/D/Dsg==

Update Channel: Stable

Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
.NET Framework Version 4.7.2 or later

Issue resolved after restarting the machine, after that issue not reocurred again.

If it appear again, i’ll do the above steps and will share the zip file.

1 Like

I am also facing same issue.

diagTool.zip (119.4 KB)
Had the same issue…Please help