Writing down regex values in a specific column

Hi all, im new to Uipath. Currently have been exploring and learning by myself for about a month to help with a part of my department’s processes.

So i managed to successfully extract only the email address from a field from a website and append it in a new sheet (sheet6). Screenshot below shows the column C where the regex extracted the email address from but somehow i cant seem to write it properly in column D

And also im not sure if it’s easier to write in a new column or to replace the data in remarks column… Any advise on this? thank you!

Hi

Welcome to UiPath forum

Hope the below steps would help you resolve this

1. Use a EXCEL APPLICATION SCOPE and pass the file path as input

2. Inside the scope use a READ RANGE activity and get the output as dt

3. Now use a FOR EACH ROW activity and pass dt as input

4. Inside the loop use a assign activity like this

This will pick the mail I’d alone from third column and right it in fourth column for each row

Cheers @lyn89

Hi @Palaniyappan thank you so much for the clear steps. i’ve tried but this error msg was prompted instead. :sweat:

If possible can I see the screenshot of assign activity with Regex expression

Cheers @lyn89

like this?

Hi sorry! i noticed the error in my part as i missed out the spacing for Email Add. The error msg is resolved but now the values started writing from the header

Fine you are almost done
In write range activity make sure you have enabled ADD HEADERS property

Cheers @lyn89

it works! thank you!

1 Like

Glad @lyn89

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.