Write Range: How to put today's date in Sheet Name

Hi there,

I’m creating a report that will be generated daily; it will pull transactions from Orchestrator and input it onto an Excel file.

Since this will be done daily, I want the date to be on the Sheet name of the report but can’t figure out how to go about doing it.

Ex. 2022-08-17EODReport

Put…

Now.ToString(“yyyy-MM-dd”) + “EODReport”

…into the SheetName property of the Write Range activity. If the sheet doesn’t exist it will be created.

Hey @postwick!

Thanks so much for your response.

I tried that and ran my process, it failed at that step saying “illegal characters in path.”

You put that expression into the SheetName property, not the Workbook path, right? If so, the sheet name isn’t the issue, the workbook path is. What path are you passing to it?

That would make sense, yeah i’m passing the workbook path through an argument/asset. The workbook path that its going to is a local folder and then \EOD_Report.xlsx.

Should i be naming it differently or doing something differently?

EDIT: Nevermind, small mistake on my end. You were right though, it was an issue with the report path, somehow a quotation mark made its way into the path lol. Thank you SO much @postwick !!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.