Write range activity - Error message "Range does not exist"

Hello,

I had the same error, actually i had genericValue data in my dataTable. Use .ToString for each Data which is not a string value.

5 Likes

Hi Estelle,

Suggest the comments provided by @Shinyo_Katsu_JP_Cons , I use to experience this problem even its not write protected.

• Use new excel file, if you are using template to write the content just recreate the template.
  • Close excel instance if any running in task manager and try again.

Hi

I have been having the same error, but it went away when i removed the sheet protection of the file (and unshared it).
I hope you can use my picture below despite Microsofts annoying translation:
The first (and the one looking most like at retangular square) is “Protect sheet” and the one that looks like its been drawn by a drunk elephant is the “Share project folder”.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer, that was my error.

1 Like

It worked out for me as well.
Thanks!

If you still want to keep the Excel file protected you can write two macros in VBA to unprotect at the start of the automation and unprotect at the end. You can use the execute macro activity for this

I’m still getting this error, the file is not protected. Has anyone figured this out?

When you get this error Range does not exist, Try Write Range from Workbook, It will work.

Thanks,
Raju

Hi Guys, I got the same issue, but what I did was I used the Write Range from System → File → Workbook, not from App integration → Excel. Which means UiPath Studio got the two Write Range Activities with duplicated name. IF you select the correct one, will fix your error message!!! Go luck all!

1 Like

can you please attach the workflow?

Has anyone found a solution for this?

I have tried reinstalling the Excel activity package and also converted the column datatype to String. However i am still facing the “Range does not exist” error.

Unfortunately my requirement is such that I cannot use the Workbook’s Write Range
I am using UiPath Studio 2018.4.4, but the same action works in an older version of studio.

Hi @pearlb

Welcome back!

Does it mean that the workaround to use the workbook Write Range activity works?
It would help in debugging the issue.

Could you use the Output Data Table activity, save it to a txt file and check for any irregularities?

If you could, please also share a dummy project with dummy data that causes this issue. It would help a ton to be able to reproduce it easily :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello…

The same datatable is written into an excel if used with the Workbook’s write range activity, so I would assume that the datatable should be alright.

It would really help if you could recreate a dummy excel file that causes the issue. Maybe just one line with the same sample numbers will work to recreate the issue?

One way I would try to debug it would be to try and simplify the file until it starts working. There has to be something with the delimiters or something else that causes this issue.

1 Like

Check your Data Table that you are writing into Excel. You get this error if the Data Table is empty.

I had the same issue. I was reading queries from an excel and writing the query results into another excel. I had few empty cells at the end of the input queries excel and i was seeing this error.

Hi,

I have checked my DataTable and it is not empty. I have encountered this type of error in a few processes now, need to know why is this error occurring? I am using Excel activities package 2.5, tried using 2.6.3 as well but to no avail.

Hi,
I have found the reason for this error, which is even more confusing.
The “Range doesn’t exist” error occurs when there is an excel application scope within an excel application scope, and when I try to perform a write range in the inner excel scope, the error occurs.

Any reason for such a behavior? As this was working in v2016 studio. Currently in v2018.4.4 I am facing this error

Strange! I tested it on UiPath.Excel.Activities 2.6.3 (but on the latest Studio 2019.10) and it seems to be working:

9 posts were split to a new topic: Excel cannot Write Cell with non-english formulas

I check the related package and I have that package already. same error is still on air for me.