Write Cell:The given key was not present in the dictionary. Error

Hi,

I’m trying to do some excel activities and unfortunately I’m getting this error. When I try to write the value in to the cell, this error pop-ups. My excel sheet have a specific format with some equations .Could anyone please help me in this?

2 Likes

This error occurs when trying to access a dictionary using a key that does not exist.

A dictionary is a special form of array arranged by Keys and Values. Every key must be unique and you then use that key to access it’s corresponding value.

e.g. a dictionary may look like dictionary = {A:“Apple”,B:“Orange”,C:“Pear”} If you ask for the value dictonary(A) you will get the value Apple.

if you have a process that doesn’t Always have the required key you can use the Key Exists activity to check before you try and access it.

Or use a try catch to catch the key does not exist exception and handle the error that way.

1 Like

I’m telling about Excel activities…There is no dictionary in my workflow.

1 Like

Can you try running the write cell activity individually and please let me know the result @FEMI_MARIYA_BINOY

2 Likes

I tried. Again getting error.

1 Like

Can you try giving the entire path of the excel @FEMI_MARIYA_BINOY

I tried…Still getting the same error.

Hi @FEMI_MARIYA_BINOY

Are you reading a config file based on that you may get this error

Thanks
Ashwin.S

We are not using config file.

I’m getting the same error on the same kind of activity. I’m using a config file, but the same variable is used in the previous step within the invoke and it works fine. I copied and pasted the variable and argument that make up my file path from one activity to another and in the activities that use it prior to this activity I don’t get the error message.

Hi @FEMI_MARIYA_BINOY ,

Initially I have this error. after I changed the cell range “A12:A12” like this. It is working…

Regards
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

We can’t do hard coding like this.

Hi @FEMI_MARIYA_BINOY,

Did you try using the Excel “Write Cell” Activity rather than the System one?

Also, if you can provide a .xaml file with the problem I can take a look.

Cheers,
Paul.

I’m getting the same error on the Append range activity. I am trying to copy data from one excel workbook to another one. First I am copying the data by read range activity and then i am pasting data to my final workbook by Append range activity this is where i am getting this error.

Same error I’m also facing… All arguments are correct and I checked in the message box, I’m getting values also… But I don’t what is the issue .

I’m also having this problem. Did you ever find a solution?

Note - I can’t use excel application scope in my case (it gives other problems).

1 Like

Instead of dictionary I used a datatable and updated the datatable row with the specified value. Then i wrote the datatable in to the excel.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.